Apple has given a distinct identity to iPads and they have made an attempt to enhance this identity with the new Apple iPad OS. The OS offers various new features and apple is making an attempt to replace the laptops with the iPads. To begin with, the iPad now supports slide over and split view for multitasking. The home screen has been revamped and it also supports various other tools and features. Finally, the dark mode is also coming to the iPads and just like the iPhone, the photos and the videos app is also undergoing a massive upgrade.
We are sure that you are excited about the release but you can try your hands on iPad OS 13 Beta 7 right now. This is the tester’s version and you can install this version with the help of the steps listed below.
Taking Backup of iPad
We strongly recommend you to take the backup of all the data on iPad before you try to install the Beta version. They can be an issue during the installation which might brick your device. Securing the information is really important if you have files and photos on the iPad that you do not wish to leave. You can run the backup utility using iTunes and create the backup of selective or whole data. You must always complete this step before you install a new version of OS or before you install the Beta version of OS.
Steps to download iPadOS 13 on iPad
We have listed the steps to download and install the iPadOS 13 Beta 7 on your iPad but one thing that you need to take care of is the compatibility. The list of models is already available on Apple’s website and just to help you, the iPads you can install this OS 13 are
- 9 inch iPad Pro
- 11 inch iPad Pro
- 5 inch iPad Pro
- 7 inch iPad Pro
- iPad (6th& 5th Generation)
- iPad Mini (4th& 5th Generation)
- iPad Air (2nd&3rd Generation)
How to install iPadOS 13 Beta 7 on your iPad
You must also ensure that your Laptop is running on Mac OS Catalina. Once these two things have been confirmed, move on to the next step listed below
- Start by visiting the Apple Developer Page and you can access the page by clicking here.
- Now, find the corresponding apple model for your iPad and download the restore image. This should take a couple of minutes depending on the speed of your internet.
- Once the file is downloaded, go ahead and connect the iPad to your Mac and initialize the Finder App.
- In this step, access the iPad on the Finder App and press the option key. A menu will pop up and you need to select Restore iPad from the available selections.
- Browse to the file directory and select the Beta Version Image that you just downloaded. Select open and this will start the installation process. It will take a couple of minutes to complete the installation and once that is done, your iPad will be on iPad OS 13.
This was the process to install iPadOS 13 Beta 7 on your iPad. This way, you can install the new firmware as soon as it is available for developers. We hope you enjoy the new powerful iPad OS and do not forget to share this information with your friends.