Unlike all the other versions of iOS, the iOS 12 comes with a feature that enables the user or the owner of the phone to set app limits that would prevent anyone other than the user from accessing the apps for more than the set time. This simply means that the app would lock itself in such a way that no one could use it for a time more than the allotted time.
Here is everything you need to know about apps limit in iOS 12.
Setting up app limits for app categories through screen time
If you want to prevent your kid or any user from accessing games or any apps and to prevent them from misusing app, you could set limits by following the procedure mentioned below.
- Step 1: Pick up your iOS device.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Setting->Screen Time->App Limits
- Step 3: Now, enter the passcode if prompted by the device.
- Step 4: Tap on the option “Add Limit”
- Step 5: Now, click the app categories, you could select the app categories you need to add the limit to and then, click on the “Add” button above.
- Step 6: You would find an option prompting you to enter the time limit for the app categories selected.
- Step 7: Set the time limit. You could also set the screen limit for specific days; you would find the option to select the days on this page. Select the days if required and the process is complete.
Setting up screen time limits for specific apps
As I have mentioned above, the screen time could be set for app categories. However, the screen time feature could be set for specific apps also rather than for app categories. Here is how you could set time limits for specific apps.
- Step 1: Pick up your iPhone
- Step 2: Navigate to the Setting->Screen Time and click the name of your device that appears on the screen.
- Step 3: Now you could find an option that says “Most Used”, click this option
- Step 4: Now, the most apps would be displayed on the screen. Click the app on the list and you would find the option to add a limit.
- Step 5: Click the “Add Limit” button and add the time limit that you find suitable. You could add the screen time to specific days too.
Setting app limits in your iOS device could simply help you control and monitor your kids or any other users, activities with your device. Follow the steps mentioned above and enjoy the advantages of screen time service on your device.